Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TooN TooN is offline

Default Delete duplicates and add worksheet name

Hello Programmers..

I have a problem with some macro's i found. I have been searching for day's
now but could not find a good solution for my problem. A lot of threads are
almost good but because of my low knowledge of programming i am not able to
adjust the macro according to my needs.

First i will explain the situation:
I have a excel sheet with about 20 worksheets. There are two "intro" sheets
with all sorts of information (they called "info" and "archive") The rest of
the sheets are project related sheets. In these project related sheets are
about 20 columns and 50 rows. The data that are in these sheets are a
download from SAP.

Problem:
The download contains duplicate numbers in column J.

Solution:
I found a few macro's that are almost good:
Sub DeleteDuplicates()

Dim X As Long
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim ws As Worksheet

lastrow = Range("J65536").End(xlUp).Row
For X = lastrow To 1 Step -1
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Range("J1:J" & X),
Range("J" & X).Text) 1 Then
Range("J" & X).EntireRow.Delete
End If

On Error Resume Next 'Will continue if an error results
ws.Range("A1") = ws.Name

Next X
Next ws

The above macro will delete all the duplicates BUT it is NOT looping through
all the the worksheets in my workbook (except for the two mentioned above).

What is wrong with my macro??? I would also (if its possible) like to add
the worksheetname automaticly according to input of Cell A10

I would apreciate if someone can help me!

Thanks