Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Extract/process Excel files in outlook.pst file?

Hi Gary

Maybe you can use this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/saveatt.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Gary" wrote in message ...
My main goal is to extract and process all of the excel files that are
attached to email messages within an outlook.pst file, that I created using
the EXPORT facility within Outlook.

Detail:

1) I have 100's of email messages very similar in form and content to the
following message:

Cc: no_one

Subject: LAT System Monitor

Attachments: lat_system_monitor.xls (675 KB)

[This is the very short body of the message.]

2) I EXPORTed the Outlook folder that contains these messages to an Outlook
.PST file €“ using Microsoft Word 2002 (XP).

Questions/Comments:

1) I would like to write Excel macros (I am reasonably
comfortable/proficient) to extract and process the EXCEL attachments to each
message.

2) Is there a documented format for reading the outlook.pst file and
locating the Excel attachment? I have searched the web and the excel/outlook
communities and cannot find any references.

3) Is there a better/other way?

Thanks, Regards,
Gary