Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sam Sam is offline

Default Display Current date

Thanks for your help, It is working now.. I was doing UserForm1.Initialize()
.. As my userform name is UserForm1. My new code is working fine now. Also
using just the Date didnt work, I had to do DateTime.Date

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.ReqDt.Value = DateTime.Date
End Sub

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Your code should be in the UserForm code module. Right click the form in
design mode and click view code, or double click the form, to open the code
window. Both syntax work. The Initialize event populates the TextBox as
soon as the form appears. The Activate event requires that you click on the
form, since the focus automatically goes to the TextBox. I tested both and
both work, so you just need to get the code in the right place.

"sam" wrote in message
Still the same... I have set the text box: locked property to True so the
users cannot input in this field. But I still dont see the system date in
this field. Does the location of my code matter here?

Thanks in Advance

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Hi Sam, Try UserForm_Initialize instead of UserForm_Activate.

"sam" wrote in message
Thanks for the help steve, I have used a textbox and similar code like
yours:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Me.ReqDt.Value = Date
End Sub

But for some reason the textbox still doesnt display the system date
when
launch the userform. This code is place at the top of my vb code for
userform. could it be an issue with where i put this code?

Thanks in Advance

"Steve Yandl" wrote:

I prefer using a label if I don't want users to be able to edit. For
example, if I create an appropriately sized Label1 inside UserForm1,
then
this would do what you want.

'---------------------------------
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Label1.Caption = "Today is " & FormatDateTime(Date, vbLongDate)
End Sub

'--------------------------------

Steve Yandl

"sam" wrote in message
Hi All, How can I display current system date on my excel userform
in
one
of
the fields? Foe eg, lets say I have a Date Field on my userform, I
want
it
display current system date everytime Anyone opens the userform,
also
it
shouldnt be editable by the users, but just visible.

Thanks in Advance