Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default copying down a formula only where there is data

Hello:

I created a macro that calculates, within a column, percentages based on
data in the columns to the immediate left.

The only issue with this macro is that the column is only copied "down" 604
rows in the spreadsheet. I can modify the macro in VBA to copy straight down
to the last row possible in Excel. But, I would prefer to have it copied
down to the last row that contains data to the immediate left of the column.
(This column is column L and is the last column in my spreadsheet.)

Here is the code that does this copying:

Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("L2:L604")
Range("L2:L604").Select

How can I (a) modify the code to just copy down to that last row of data and
(b) save this modfication in VBA so that I can re-use the .xlt file?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s