Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default sum of cells that may contain #n/a

Maybe:
=SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A6),0,A1:A6))

Enter it with Ctrl+Shift+Enter all at the same time, not just Enter.

Or:
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A1:A6),A1:A6,0))
Same as above; Ctrl+Shift+Enter

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Troy" wrote:

Sorry see below.

=SUMIF(H504,H488,H466,"0")

"Mike H" wrote:

Troy,

'doesn't seem to be working' isn't a very useful description of the problem,
post the formula you tried.

Mike

"Troy" wrote:

doesn't seem to be working. Does it matter that the cells I'm summing are
scattered all over my worksheet?

"Troy" wrote:

If I am summing cells that may or may not contain an error (#n/a) is there a
way to ignore these cells? Or replace (#n/a) with a zero?