Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default VBA Code Locked for Viewing

how strange. The VBA is protected separately so that the user can alter the
sheets and save changes. I've never heard of the password being asked for
like this. Does your code amend any code modules?

"AlForester" wrote in message
Patrick,
I protected the code from prying eyes. My problem is when the user closes
the file, the password prompt is displayed. The user is not trying to
access
the code, they are just closing the spreadsheet. Once the spreadsheet is
closed, the password prompt is displayed, the user does not know the
password
and cannot dismiss the prompt. The user has to go to task manager and
cancel
the process. In my code the user is never asked for a password or the
anything related to the password.
--
WEW

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

the VBA has a separate password. Open the IDE (ALT+F11) then look under
Tools / VBA Project Properties
In the form, switch to the Protection tab - you'll see there that it may
be
password protected

"AlForester" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that does not have a password for the file, but
the
code
is locked for viewing with a password.

Does anybody know what would cause the password prompt to be displayed
when
the file is closed? This will happen either when the user clicks the X
or
when a button code runs to close the file and leave excel open or close
excel
with application.quit. If the code leaves excel open, the password
prompt
appears when the user finally closes excel.

WEW