Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Doug Doug is offline

Default Include cell text in web hyperlink?

Don, this works good except you have to click in the formula bar each time in
order to select another cell. Also is there a way to designate it to the "M"
column only? Every time I try to enter data in another column it tries to
take me to the hyperlink. Really appreciate your help...
--

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thisthen enter ge or ibm or t into
any cell in col M

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal target As Range)
If target.Column < 13 Then Exit Sub
ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink Address:= _
"http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/streetools/" & _
"stock_quotes.aspx?Ticker=" & target.Value & ""

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Doug" wrote in message
Here is an example:
http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/st...s.aspx?Ticker=

is the URL and if I want click on the cell with GE in it, then it should
automatically go to:
http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/st...aspx?Ticker=GE

I am needing it to do this for any cell in column M
--

"Joel" wrote:

If I rretrhad the URL I can write some code. The best solution would be
have a control button which you can activate. The control button can
open an
internet explorer application which can automatically retreve the data
from
the URL and place the data into you worksheet.

If the URL is not public then I can send you some examples of code that
would perform the task. Working with the internet explorer application
is a
litle tricky b eause every webpage is different. Knowing html will help.

"Doug" wrote:

I have a hyperlink to a web database. Up till now I have been clicking
on the
hyperlink and once it takes me to that web page I then include a cell
reference from excel at the end of the web address to obtain the data
that I
need. What I am hoping is that I can have excel somehow include or
attach
the text in the cell to the end of the hyperlink when I click on the
cell.
This would be very helpful. Is this possible?
--
Hope your having a great day!