Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Risky Dave Risky Dave is offline

Default Instead of a long Case?

Rick,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple! The source offset value and the
receiving offset value are not regular and neither are the cell addresses on
the receiving sheet. the only constant is that they are all larger than the
values in the previous IF statement.

Hope this helps.

Dave

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Please describe "all pretty much the same" for us. Is the receiving cell's
offset *always* 6 greater than the previous If..Then block and, if so, is
the source cell's offset always 1 greater than the previous If..Then?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Risky Dave" wrote in message

I have a Case statement that seems to me to be ridiculously long:
Do
Select Case rSearch.Value
Case sName
ScreenUpdating = False
If rSearch.Offset(6, 0) < "" Then
Sheets("blank").Range("c46") = rSearch.Offset(6,
0).Value
End If
If rSearch.Offset(12, 0) < "" Then
Sheets("blank").Range("c47") = rSearch.Offset(12,
0).Value
End If

'<about 120 more IF statements all pretty much the same as
these, only the source and target offset addresses change

Sheets("blank").Visible = True
Sheets("blank").Select
Range("B1:Z69").Select
Range("Y69").Activate
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$B$1:$Z$69"
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.PaperSize = xlPaperA4
.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 1
End With
Range("C5").Select

ScreenUpdating = True
Exit Do
Case ""
MsgBox ("please enter a valid name")
Exit Do
Case Else
Set rSearch = rSearch.Offset(0, 1)
iCtr = iCtr + 1
End Select
Loop

A simple question, is there a more efficient way of doing this? It's not
that the code is slow, just seems to me to not be vary concise.

TIA

Dave