Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anders Anders is offline

Default modifying merge all workbooks..

Hi All,

In xl2003 - Using RDB Merge all Workbooks (found here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx )

I have 13 folders on a shared drive for individual user groups to update
bi-weekly. Each folder contains one main update sheet which I will pull
together for one report (also contain subfolders that are saved copies by
date of previous updates, but thats another post  )

1. I have to leave blank rows in the source sheets for users to have room to
input but they dont have to fill. The pasted cells in the destination sheet
are stopping at 26 (where the first blank row is) I need to get to row 94
(past 3 more sets of empties). The sourcerange will always be a1:j94, for
every sheet. I have adjusted the sourcerange in VBA to this value but
still running into the problem.
2. Ill have to modify the source code for where to find the files. I dont
want to find all files in destination folder, rather, I would like it to just
pick up 1 specific file in each folder 13 in all. (Im creating subfolders
in each folder that I dont want to collate each time.) I have seen RDB
merge data (below) but dont know how I would combine the two.
3. Can I transfer formatting (row/column, height/width) so I dont have to
readjust everytime?
4. Can I transfer VBA sheet code (Calendar Control 11.0)

Thanks so much in advance.

Sub RDB_Merge_Data()
Dim myFiles As Variant
Dim myCountOfFiles As Long

myCountOfFiles = Get_File_Names = "Macro.xls"
MyPath = "h:\Macro"
Subfolders = False
ExtStr = "*.xl*"
myReturnedFiles = myFiles

If myCountOfFiles = 0 Then
MsgBox "No files that match the ExtStr in this folder"
Exit Sub
End If

Get_Data:
FileNameInA = True
PasteAsValues = True
SourceShName = ""
SourceShIndex = 1
SourceRng = "A1:G1"
StartCell = ""
myReturnedFiles = myFiles

I''ve encountered an error and I need to close for the weekend :)