Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TSVillanova TSVillanova is offline

Default Sharing Excel Work Sheet

So Access is the data base from which you can use Excel spread sheets to
obtain data from?

This sounds like you almost need to be a programmer to do this.
--

TS

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Tools Share Workbook Allow is a great concept, but it never seems to
work. As I recall, theoretically you can have 255 users. In practice, it is
much less, like 2-3. Also, if the workbook is close to 1MB or over,
performance is very slow and when I've used this feature in the past, the
Workbooks often became corrupted. I'll tell you from experience, stay away
from it at all costs. A great alternative is MS Access. The learning curve
can be steep, but it's worth it.

Check this out:
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/Microsoft...r-Environment/

This looks good too:
http://appdevissues.tripod.com/downl...ication s.pdf

Set up Access so that you have a split database; backend database
on the server and independent front end databases on each person's machine
with the forms, reports static data etc.

Excel is an amazing tool, but Access is much better for some things. I
started learning Access when I outgrew Excel, and basically had to do some
things that Excel just wasn't designed to do. If you have more questions
post back, or you can send me an email and I can send you some sample files
to help you get started.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"TSVillanova" wrote:

I would like to have real time sharing on one of our excel work sheets. The
sharing feature that excel has is not very good. Especially when sorting
columns and entering comments. I was informed that Access might be one
option. Does anyone know how bet to approach this?
--

TS