jwrnana

Bill -

I went to Tools, Macros and entered Auto_Open. From that point, I got lost.
I have never done this and don't want to create more problems that I now
have. Guidance please.
Thanks,

"Bill Manville" wrote in message
With Excel 2000 you can't control whether or not the "do you want to
update links" dialog appears when you open the workbook through the
user interface.

When opening a workbook using code you can do e.g.
Workbooks.Open "C:\MyLinkedBook.xls", UpdateLinks:=0 ' don't update

So one way to avoid the message is to have a small workbook which has
an Auto_Open procedure that opens the linked workbook and specifies
whether or not links are to be updated using the UpdateLinks parameter.
Probably not an option in your case.

Another way is to replace all the formulas with values before sending
the workbook by email - again not always what you would want to do.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England