Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tomeck tomeck is offline

Default Format cell depending upon type of data pulled

I have created a table that pulls and displays data from one of the many
named ranges available to and selected by the user. The data pulled will
have a different number of decimal places depending upon what named range is
selected. I want to be able to change the format of the cells displaying the
data so as to display the correct number of digits and, if appropraite, as
currency or just a number.

I have limited experience with VBA, so can you lead me in the direction to
pursue to resolve this? Sample scripts are great - but even pointers on
where to learn about the functions needed is helpful.

Thanks.