Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to remove dashes in Social Security number

For future questions you ask on these newsgroups, you should make sure to
mention the version of Excel you are using so that you get answers that
apply to your situation.

The Edit/Replace can be found on the Home tab, Editing panel, Find&Select
drop down.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"George" wrote in message
Jacob - I am using Excel 2007 and can not find Edit - Replace !

Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select the column.From menu EditReplaceFindwhat put the dash.
Replace with 'leave blank. and OK
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"George" wrote:

Each month I receive an excel spreadsheet and one of the columns has
social
security numbers with the dashes. I have to import it into Access
without the
dashes, how can I remove the dashes from the social security numbers in
Excel
- without doing it by hand ? Is there a way to use format cells to
clear the
dashes ?

Thanks