Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EricG EricG is offline

Default Sorting columns on weekdays

You might try using a "helper" column. In an unused column, put the
following formula in the first cell with a date in your original column:

=WEEKDAY(A2,2)

The "2" in the formula ensures that Monday is the first day of the week.
Drag this formula down your helper column to cover all the cells that have a
date in your original column.

Then you can sort your data based on the integers in the helper column.

HTH,

Eric
--
If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet,

"Michel" wrote:

Hello,

I have a column with a range of subsequent dates. I want to sort them on
weekdays, so that all the mondays come first one after the other, then all
tuesdays, then all wednesdays and so on...

How can I achieve this?

Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel