Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel[_3_] Nigel[_3_] is offline

Default Add data at top of text file

Think of creating a new file, with first you new header then add the other
file.

Nigel

"xp" wrote in message
I have a text file (CSV) formatted for upload using an FTP tool; but I need
to add a certain header to the top of the text file, before the contents.
Because this will be done often and the exacting requirements of FTP, I am
coding this procedure using VBA.

Can someone please provide a generic example showing how to open the file
for editing, insert a header, save, and close the text file?

I am familiar with both the "Open for Input/Output" method and also the
"FileSystemObject" methods. I've appended data before, but I'm not sure
how
to insert info at the top of the file. Your help would be much
appreciated.