Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Find/Replace Macro; Need Loop

If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ryguy7272" wrote in message
Hello! I am trying to code a find/replace sub. The code below works:

Sub FindReplace()

ActiveSheet.Columns("A:B").Select
Selection.Replace What:="Chrysler Financial Services Americas LLC", _
Replacement:="Chrysler Financial Services", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:= _
xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False

Selection.Replace What:="General Motors Hourly Pension Fund", _
Replacement:="GM Hourly Pension Fund", LookAt:=xlPart,
SearchOrder:= _
xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False,
ReplaceFormat:=False

€˜etc

End Sub

However, the list of What:="" names will change frequently. This past
week
there were 10 names; next week there may be many more. All names are
listed
on a Sheet named €˜List of names to change (1 sheet). Basically, I am
trying
to come up with a way of activating the Sheet named €˜List of names to
change, selecting the variables (actually text/names, in column A) and
then
replacing the variables (actually text/names, in column B€¦the same row as
Column A). By the way, all name replacements (all names will be in Column
or Column B) will happen in sheets named €˜top 20 - AFTER or €˜top
Industry -
AFTER (2 sheets). The names originally come from sheets named €˜top 20 -
BEFORE and €˜top Industry - BEFORE.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks so much,
Ryan---