Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jamescox[_86_] jamescox[_86_] is offline

Default Hireing an excell programmer

When do you need it by and what are you willing to pay?

Actually, even before those, have you really thought out what it is you
want, and what it needs to do for you? It's an old joke that at the end
of a project, the user always says "It's exactly what I asked for, but
it's not what I wanted." ;)

If you are in Houston, check with the instructors of Harris County
Community College (or whatever it's called now - or some other community
college) and get them to recommend a student or graduate - or check and
see if they would be willing to do it themselves.

Your biggest challenges will be defining what you want it to do,
keeping scope creep out of the project if you need it by a certain date
and maintaining it after the person who sets it up for you moves on...

I'm in Longview, Tx and if you want to take this discussion off-line,
I'm at j2ir at hotmail dot com - substitute punctuation for words in
that address...

--
jamescox
jamescox's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=449