Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard31[_3_] Howard31[_3_] is offline

Default Tweaking Macros

Hi Nick,

Replace "Range("D1282").Select" with "ActiveCell.Offset(0,2).Select"

About saving the workbook...F3 will have to have a diferent value each time
you save and the workbook will have to be saved under the same name first
with the new value, so before the code that saves with a new name put the
following code: ThisWorkbook.Save

Hope this helps

"Nick H" wrote in message
I've recorded a macro, and need to make some adjustments but after a
couple
hours trying to find it in the Microsoft VBA documentation, I've given up
and
hope someone here can help me.

First question, here is a portion of the code as recorded:

Selection.End(xlToLeft).Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
Range("D1282").Select

The first two steps put the active cell on the last cell containing data
in
column B. The next thing I did in recording was to press the right arrow
twice. The third line above indicates a specific cell is now the active
cell; what I want is for the active cell to be two columns to the right of
the last cell in my data table. (The data table varies in length, so it
won't always be row 1282.)

Later, I want to save the file with a new file name. The file name is a
text entry in a cell in my spreadsheet. This worked OK the first time I
ran
the macro, but the next time I got a warning that the file already existed
(ie, it did not update). Here is the code that was generated; the file
name
I want always resides in cell F3 of the active worksheet:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Nick\My Documents\UNT\Physics 6750\Data
Anlaysis\N=0,100, k=4, p=0.xls" _
, FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

Any help would be appreciated.