Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve D. Steve D. is offline

Default Split cell contents and sum numbers

Hi all, let me say thanks in advance for any help you can offer. In cells D5
- AH5, there can be data that looks like V8, T8Z4, LM8, C10, or S8, etc. What
I would like to do is to strip the letter(s) and sum the numbers in a
seperate cell for each letter code. In the below example, A3-F3 contain the
codes, and K3-O3 contain the total sum of the numbers following the letters.

A B C D E F G H I J K L
M N O
1
2 V
C T Z LM
3 v8 c10 T8 V4 LM2 T8Z4 12 10 16
4 2
4

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer me. Steve