Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Amish Amish is offline

Default Displaying Name Box Contents

As OssieMac mentioned, you could use comments, but the user can turn
them off.
I prefer using a Data Validation Input Message (Data ribbon in 07),
which will display whenever the cell is selected (even if they browse
there with the keyboard).

Protection also might work in your case because users can opt to use
the Tab key to navigate to only unprotected cells.

On Jul 3, 5:00*pm, Rope wrote:
Hi, I have named each cell on a worksheet. *When a cell is selected, the name
appears in the "Name Box" as usual. *Is there a way I can display the name of
the selected cell on the spread sheet? *I do not want the Name Box or the
Formula Bar to be shown on the display to those entering data. *Thank you.
rope