Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim S[_3_] Jim S[_3_] is offline

Default Excel Number in a Column

Jacob, your formula of ="2." & ROW() works if i'm in row A1 but if i have a
header row and want to start in A2= 2.0 or 2.1 what do I need to use?

"Jim S" wrote:

btw, i can get it to do the following:
A1= 2.1
A2= 2.2
A3= 2.3
A4= 2.4
A5= 2.5
A6= 2.6
A7= 2.7
A8= 2.8
A9= 2.9
A10= 3.0
A11= 3.1

I would like to continue with
A10= 2.10
A11= 2.11
A12= 2.12
etc, to what ever range i want before changing to
A199= 3.0 or higher.

"Jim S" wrote:

Hi Jacob, yes and no, for example:

I would like to use Column A and start with a decimal number such as:
A1 = 2.1
A2 = 2.2
select A1:A2 and drag which will go upto 2.9 or 2.109 or as far as i would
like and also be able to add then 3.0, 3.1, etc.

I would like it to be able to auto file as well if that is possible.

I can do it with out the decimal as a whole number but when i do the
decimal, it increments to the following:
2.1
3.1
4.1
5.1
etc.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

in A1 type formula and copy that down...
="2." & ROW()

OR

A1 = 2.1
A2 = 2.2
select A1:A2 and drag which will go upto 2.9 and then 3, 3.1

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jim S" wrote:

I'm trying to create a numbering system in a spread sheet with sequential
numbering using decimal points. i.e.

column A
Header
2.1