Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Burnnie Holliday Burnnie Holliday is offline

Default Error Handling

No, it isn't any sort of error message. All it would say was that code has
been terminated (sorry, I don't know why I've been omitting that), which
isn't much information at all of why it was terminated, or otherwise I could
bugfix that rather easily. I've given the full code some extensive runs now,
though, and the error hasn't managed to duplicate itself. That alone should
set me at ease since as it stands now, that particular peice of code gets
executed twice during the macro, and an almost identical subroutine opens
files 22 times. I've given our network quite the workout beta testing this
thing.

Yes, MatPath is a string constant ending in "\" defined during the module
declarations. As long as it isn't a glaring error, then I will chalk it up
to a random occurence, that I must have caused some sort of variable
confusion somehow that made Excel to force a stop in execution due to an
error that was masked by the error handling. That's my best guess, anyways.
I was hoping somebody with a bit more experience might have a better clue.
--
Burnnie Holliday
Data Wrangler

"Bob Bridges" wrote:

Whenever I get that dialogue box you speak of, there's an error message in
it. It says things like "object is required" or "the last action was
canceled by user" or "this method not supported by object", that sort of
thing. You sound reasonably experienced, though, and you wouldn't have told
me an error message pops up without bothering to read the error message.
Tell me you wouldn't have, please.

But then, if there's no error message then you would have seen a completely
blank box with just the three buttons on it; and I've never seen one of
those. Neither have you, perhaps, and you would have mentioned it as
surpassingly unusual - but you didn't. So I don't know what to think now.
What does the dialogue box SAY?

As for the program...well, I suppose MapPath can be counted on to end in a
backslash, right? If MatPath is set by logic rather than being a constant,
and if that logic is capable of omitting the final "\" unexpectedly, it could
result in an intermittent error. But in that case you would've seen an ERROR
MESSAGE, which you don't mention and therefore could not have happened, right?