Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
r r is offline

Default excel internet explorer interaction appearance

you could use a UserForm modaless ...
it is easy to build one similar to a msgbox

try ...

Sub test_IE()
Dim myURL As String
Dim myie As Object
Const READYSTATE_COMPLETE As Long = 4

Set myie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
myURL = "http://www.google.com"

myie.Navigate myURL

Do While myie.Busy Or myie.readyState < READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Sleep 500
Loop

UserForm1.Show 0
myie.Visible = True

'myIE.Quit

Come e dove incollare il codice:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

Il mio ultimo lavoro ...
http://excelvba.altervista.org/blog/...ternative.html

"Walter Briscoe" wrote:

In message of Thu,
2 Jul 2009 06:58:01 in microsoft.public.excel.programming, r
writes

try ...

Option Explicit
Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

Sub test_IE()

[snip]

myIE.navigate myURL

Do While myIE.Busy Or myIE.readyState < READYSTATE_COMPLETE
DoEvents
Sleep 500
Loop

'myIE.Quit
End Sub

[snip]

I did and still have a race condition. ;(
Sometimes the Excel Msgbox has focus and sometimes IE.

However, I am really excited to have access to Sleep(). ;)
I had failed to find anything in VBA help for sleep, delay, timer, etc.
Your showing a hook to "standard" MS library functions gives me power!

What I want is:
Excel has a MsgBox on top of a fullscreen window.
IE is visible and has focus.
I am prepared to accept that I can't get what I want.
It would probably need threads of control in Excel and, even if that was
possible, the reward would not justify the effort.

[snip]

regards

Il mio ultimo lavoro ...
http://excelvba.altervista.org/blog/...VBA/UsedRange-
eccezioni-e-alternative.html

I did look at in in Babelfish, but did NOT understand your intention.
I DID see you use vbscript.regexp. I am familiar with UNIX regular
expressions and find them very helpful. It was a revelation to me that
such functionality is easily found from VBA.

[snip]

Scuzzi, no parliamo Italiano!
Molto grazie!
--