Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John P[_2_] John P[_2_] is offline

Default Range Syntax

Mike, almost worked until the 4th statement ie the same range statement again
when the runtime error appears again. Thanks for taking so much of your time.

"Mike H" wrote:

Maybe this

Sheets("MCs").Select
Sheets("MCs").Range("A2:G2", Range("a2:G2").End(xlDown)).ClearContents
Sheets("Cycle Data").Select
Sheets("Cycle Data").Range("CR3:CX3").Resize(Range("CR2")).Copy
Sheets("MCs").Range("A2").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

Mike

"John P" wrote:

It contains integer 78. The thing is that statement works well in the
immediate window.

John

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Apologies.. I didnt notice "CR2 contains an integer"

With your code make sure CR2 of Sheets("Cycle Data") contains a value...If
it is blank or 0 then this will return error...

OR

Sheets("Cycle Data").Activate
Range("CR3:CX3").Resize(Sheets("<sheetname").Rang e("CR2")).Select

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

No. I want to increase the number of rows in Range("CR3:CX3") by an integer
located in Range("CR2"). Hence, Range("CR3: CX3").Resize(Range("CR2"))

Reference book says for resizing rows only, can omit column parameter.
Program is to copy a range in Sheet1 and paste to sheet2. Code is in a
commandbutton embedded in Sheet2. Thanks.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

Range("CR3:CX3","CR2").Select

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Activate the sheet and try the second line alone in your immediate window;
which should return an error. Please refer the help on Resize. Resize expects
a the rowsize and columnsize to be passed.

expression.Resize(RowSize, ColumnSize)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

Hi. Appreciate if anyone can point out the error in the follwing statements
which work in the immediate window but keep turning up runtime error 1004 on
the second statement when I run the program:

Sheets("Cycle Data").Activate
Range("CR3:CX3").Resize(Range("CR2")).Select

Note that cell CR2 contains an integer. Thanks