Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John P[_2_] John P[_2_] is offline

Default Range Syntax

Yes. Same runtime error on your Range statement. I now suspect problem may
not be range syntax but other coding errors. Pasting my codes for you to
comment.

Private Sub cmdUpdate_Click()
'Copy and Paste Data
Sheets("Cycle Data").Activate
Range("CR3:CX3").Resize(Range("CR2")).Select

Selection.Copy
Sheets("MCs").Select
Range("A2:G2").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

End Sub

Probably other errors down the code but I am stuck on the second statement.
Note that code is in commandbutton in Sheet("MCs") and trying to copy a
range in Sheet("Cycle Data"). Thanks

"Mike H" wrote:

No. I want to increase the number of rows in Range("CR3:CX3") by an integer
located in Range("CR2"). Hence, Range("CR3: CX3").Resize(Range("CR2"))

Did you try my suggestion?

Mike

"John P" wrote:

No. I want to increase the number of rows in Range("CR3:CX3") by an integer
located in Range("CR2"). Hence, Range("CR3: CX3").Resize(Range("CR2"))

Reference book says for resizing rows only, can omit column parameter.
Program is to copy a range in Sheet1 and paste to sheet2. Code is in a
commandbutton embedded in Sheet2. Thanks.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean

Range("CR3:CX3","CR2").Select

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Activate the sheet and try the second line alone in your immediate window;
which should return an error. Please refer the help on Resize. Resize expects
a the rowsize and columnsize to be passed.

expression.Resize(RowSize, ColumnSize)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"John P" wrote:

Hi. Appreciate if anyone can point out the error in the follwing statements
which work in the immediate window but keep turning up runtime error 1004 on
the second statement when I run the program:

Sheets("Cycle Data").Activate
Range("CR3:CX3").Resize(Range("CR2")).Select

Note that cell CR2 contains an integer. Thanks