Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
EricG EricG is offline

Default Loop through date range, but skip down to next year

Why not do a web query? Data/Import External Data/New Web Query...

You can pull in that entire table, and then rearrange it any way you want.

HTH,

Eric

"Jason" wrote:

Okay so the title is stupid, but I don't know how to explain in just a few
words my issue.

We have a range of dates in Column A
Jan 1973
Feb 1973
Apr 2009

I am trying to pull numbers from a website that correspond to totals for
each month, but the website (
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n9132cn2m.htm) only lists the years,
and then each line below it corresponds to a total for each month in that
year. Here is an example of the source for year 1973:

I used the following code to test getting the January total for each year,
but how can I set my loop to skip down 12 cells to the next year? Currently
it is putting the January value in each cell for each year

Set rng = Range("A2").CurrentRegion
Set rng = rng.Resize(rng.Rows.Count, 1)

For Each c In rng
sURLdate = Format(c.Value2, "yyyy")
c.Offset(0, 1).Value = RegexMid(myStr, sURLdate, "class=b3")