Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kevin Lisboa Kevin Lisboa is offline

Default Excel help with VB Script

This appears to have worked spot on!

Thank you so much for the help on this!

--Kevin

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
try this....
Sub test()

Dim a$, b$, c$, i As Integer
Dim lr As Long
Dim r As Range
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row 'find Last row

Set r = Range("F2:F" & lr) 'define working range
For Each cell In r

a$ = cell.Value
For i = 1 To Len(a$)
b$ = Mid(a$, i, 1)
If b$ Like "[A-Z,a-z,0-9]" Then
c$ = c$ & b$
End If
Next i
cell.Offset(0, 1).Value = c$ 'set value
c$ = "" 'reset c$ to nothing
Next cell
End Sub

regards
FSt1

"Kevin Lisboa" wrote:

Don't know if anyone out there uses vb scripting with Excel, but I'm new to
it, and need some guidance.

I've managed to find a script that will strip all the non alpha-numeric
values from a cell and spit out just the alphanumeric values.

My dillemma is that the script only works for one cell, and I need to apply
it to about 25,000 cells. Anyone know how to retool this code so it works
properly?

Sub test()

Dim a$, b$, c$, i As Integer

a$ = Range("F2").Value
For i = 1 To Len(a$)
b$ = Mid(a$, i, 1)
If b$ Like "[A-Z,a-z,0-9]" Then
c$ = c$ & b$
End If
Next i
Range("G2").Value = c$

End Sub

Basically, once it processes cell F2 and puts the results in G2, I want it
to move to F3 and place the data in G3, etc and so on...

Any ideas?

--McBean