Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Excel help with VB Script

Hi Jim, I am working through OE right now, but I do not see the other
posting. The google news reader has been screwed up for months. That is
why I started using OE most of the time.

"JLatham" wrote in message
Oddity question - nothing to do with the subject at hand. I just got
notice
of change in this discussion, your posting no doubt. I see that it
supposedly has 3 posts (OPs + 2 more), but I only see 2, yours and the
OPs,
and don't see my VBA solution that I posted at all? Are you seeing my
other
post with VBA code, very similar to your modified VBS code??

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

This is untested so let me know if it errors out.

Assuming your 2500 cells are all in column F.

Sub test()
Dim a$ As Integer, b$ As Integer, c$ As Integer
Dim i As Integer, lr As Long, rng As Range

lr = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(slUp).Row
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range("F2:F" & lr)

For Each r In rng
If Not r Is Nothing Then
a$ = r.Value
For i = 1 To Len(a$)
b$ = Mid(a$, i, 1)
If b$ Like "[A-Z,a-z,0-9]" Then
c$ = c$ & b$
End If
Next i
r.Offset(0, 1).Value = c$
End If
Next c

End Sub

"Kevin Lisboa" wrote in message
Don't know if anyone out there uses vb scripting with Excel, but I'm
new
it, and need some guidance.

I've managed to find a script that will strip all the non alpha-numeric
values from a cell and spit out just the alphanumeric values.

My dillemma is that the script only works for one cell, and I need to
apply
it to about 25,000 cells. Anyone know how to retool this code so it
works
properly?

Sub test()

Dim a$, b$, c$, i As Integer

a$ = Range("F2").Value
For i = 1 To Len(a$)
b$ = Mid(a$, i, 1)
If b$ Like "[A-Z,a-z,0-9]" Then
c$ = c$ & b$
End If
Next i
Range("G2").Value = c$

End Sub

Basically, once it processes cell F2 and puts the results in G2, I want
it
to move to F3 and place the data in G3, etc and so on...

Any ideas?

--McBean