Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Updating Names or Cells in a File

No doubt this is possible with VBA code, although it could be rather complex.
If you're going to go to the trouble of writing/editing a file to update
from, why not just do the job once directly in the working file?

"Stilltrader47" wrote:

I am building a complex workbook that is storing cumulative data and
calculations. Comment cells within the workbook contain hyperlinks to
various web sites. It is possible that the comment cells and hyperlinks may
have to change periodically to different web addresses and text. I'll call
this the working file.

Is it possible to import or merge a file to the working file that contains
updated comment cells and hyperlinks? This would allow specific cells within
the original file to update without overwriting the accumulated data and
changing calculated fields. My objective is to update only selected cells or
names within the original file. Thanks for your help on this.

Sony