Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default I've Created DV Boxes - Need Additional Help Linking Data to them

many ways to do this.
on sheet1
create a table, range named Expenses with two columns, first is a list of
months, second col the sheet& cell for the first item, so for me January is
Sheet2!B2, February Sheet3!B2 and so on
In B2 I have my cell validation, with drop downs for each month
in B4 I get the first items cell from the lookup
=VLOOKUP($B$2,Expenses,2,FALSE)

In B6 I get the value, using ROW() for my offset, which is the date
B6:= =OFFSET(INDIRECT($B$4),ROW()-6,0)

And B7 is the next column, the amount
B7:= =OFFSET(INDIRECT($B$4),ROW()-6,1)

on sheet2 Jan expenses start at B2, with the date, and C2 is the amount
on sheet3 Feb expenses start at B2, with the date, and C2 is the amount

This should be enough to get you going.
If you want my demo, please mail me directly

"Kellie" wrote in message
I have a budget worksheet that has 3 different companies income/expenses
included to do a combination budget vs actual costs. I created the Data
Validation drop-downs to include the month by month data, however I can't
figure out how to link the actual cells from each month to the drop down
month. For instance, when you click on January from the drop down in
company
a, I want the expenses from January on another worksheet to appear and so
on.
How do I do that?
--
Kellie