Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Conditional format disaster in 2007

Look into what?

Neither you nor Michael have given any details about what you have other
that pasting a lot of CF's.
I just did a copy/paste of 12,000 cells all with CF's in an eye-blink, in a
system with barely the minimum spec's recommended for 2007.

I don't doubt that you are both having problems but it's no good complaining
without giving details of something that can be reproduced to recreate the
problem.

I did offer to look at Michael's file, then check if any related issue has
been reported and if not report it myself.

Actually re-reading the posts it seems yours and Michael's problems are
different, his is speed related whereas you think there should be an
additional set of options to selectively paste the 30+ formats, such as CFs.
Look at the alternatives I suggested, ie PasteSpecial or delete the CFs
after pasting (manually or programmatically).

Regards,
Peter T

"Henk" wrote in message
I agree with Michael. Someone at Microsoft has to look intio this.

Have nice weekend. Cheers!

Henk

"Peter T" wrote:

I suspect the Excel team are aware of what most of the speed issues but
if
you like you can forward your file, ideally with the minimum to
demonstrate
the problem. If there is something specific I'll try and look into
whether
or not it has been reported.

My address is lightly disguised in the Reply-to field

Regards,
Peter T

"Michael F" wrote in message
I'm having the same issue and can't believe it hasn't been resolved in
either
service pack.

I have a macro that inserts column for each subcontractor who is
bidding a
certain trade (ie plumbing, paint, drywall, etc). The data is pulled
from
our
bid list workbook and worked like a charm in XL2003. There was quite a
bit
of conditional formatting that would highlight scope gaps and highlight
the
best bid green, second best yellow and third best orange. Now, in
XL2007
whenever I have 10 or more companies it takes literally 3-4 seconds
between
key strokes. On bid day, that response time is totally unacceptable.
resolve I have to clear all conditional formatting from the sheet which
is
pain b/c I have to manually color cells so I know scope issues I have.
Lately, I've just been going back to using Xl2003.

I'm glad a majority of my large office has not "upgraded" to 2007 since
2003
runs these macros without incident.

Someone at Microsoft has to look into this. If you need some control
files
to illustrate the issue please contact me and I'll be happy to send
some
files with dummy data to test.