Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henk Henk is offline

Default Conditional format disaster in 2007

Peter,

You're absolutely right. Copy should mean Copy and nothing else. Escpecialy
not ADD. And that is exactly what 2007 does. It adds the copied conditional
formatting to the existing condintional formatting at the place where it is
pasted.

It really is a complete mess. Just try it with some conditions over large
ranges. After a few moments you are completele lost. I have seen even double
and triple conditions in "Manage rules".

This is a major problem to me. And to a whole lot of others, I think. The
only do not know yet.

Regards,

Henk

"Peter T" wrote:

Copy means Copy and that's what the Copy function does. There are over
thirty different formats that will get copied over; colour, bold, data
validation, etc, etc, including Format conditions. If you don't want the
formats use PasteSpecial. If you want everything except CF's delete them
after, either manually or with a simple macro (though you'll lose undo)

Selection.FormatConditions.Delete

Regards,
Peter T

"Henk" wrote in message
When you copy paste a cell with conditional formatting to another cell
with
conditional formatting, the conditional formatting is added to the new
location. Who the **** did invented that?? Anyone any idea how to switch
that
off and overwrite the existing format as it used to do (and ought to do, I
think).

Something like Application.OverwriteConditionalFormatting = True would be
nice.

Nobody ran into this problem yet?? I have an enormous lot of code using
the
old fashioned overwrite way. Any thoughts and comments about this?

Thanks.