Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Henk Henk is offline

Default Conditional format disaster in 2007

Thanks for you're reply. I understand what you mean, but lots of times I do
want to copy the formats (with or without the formula's). So, it does not
solve the problem.

In my eyes copy paste should overwrite everything in the cell(s) you're
pasting in. This way of doing it is really completely rediculous. I think
Microsoft should do something about this.

Regards,

Henk

"AltaEgo" wrote:

Use "Paste special" instead

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648341033

If this is a specific operation, you can automate paste special with no
format change:

Sub Pst_Spec_Fmla()
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.Range("C1:C5").Copy
.Range("D1:D5").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormulas
End With

Steve

"Henk" wrote in message
When you copy paste a cell with conditional formatting to another cell
with
conditional formatting, the conditional formatting is added to the new
location. Who the **** did invented that?? Anyone any idea how to switch
that
off and overwrite the existing format as it used to do (and ought to do, I
think).

Something like Application.OverwriteConditionalFormatting = True would be
nice.

Nobody ran into this problem yet?? I have an enormous lot of code using
the
old fashioned overwrite way. Any thoughts and comments about this?

Thanks.