Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default open message box before the update or dont update message box open

Check out the UpdateLinks property in VBA help.

Private Sub Workbooks_Open()
ThisWorkbook.UpdateLinks xlUpdateLinksNever
End Sub

"Jay" wrote in message
Tried posting this question before, didnt work. anyway, thanks for all
your
past answers have leaned a great deal. I have a workbook that I dont want
people to update when they open it, so I am looking to set up a message
box
to inform them not to update when asked. I have tried the open and the
workbook activate events but they still opened after the "Update/Don't
Update" box. Is there anyway to get the macaro to activate prior to that??
tks once again. J
--
Cheers!