Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can A Workbook Delete Itself

You said you wanted to "delete" the workbook when you close it. To me,
delete means remove it from the hard drive so it no longer exists. The code
Tim gave you (which you appeared to say does what you want) uses the Kill
function which does exactly that... it removes the file from the hard drive.
My question is this... what useful thing is the workbook doing that you only
need it once and never again (remember, it is deleted after being used one
time)?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
I'm not sure what exactly you are asking.

I execute 'Application.Quit' from a menu Exit button, which I assume sets
process in motion to close all files and exit Excel, no matter whether the
current workbook still exists or not.

--
Bill @ UAMS

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Just for my own curiosity, what function did the workbook perform that it
can be deleted from existence when it is closed?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"BillCPA" <Bill @ UAMS wrote in message
Is it possible for a workbook to delete itself when it closes?

--
Bill @ UAMS