Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Sub Sum

Chris, couple of points. If you want to use autifill there's no need to use
Select -

Range("B2").Formula = "=Sum(B3:B15)"
Range("B2").AutoFill Range("B2:AA2")

However the way I suggested previously is more efficient and avoids
triggering a change event, simply

Range("B2:AA2").Formula = "=Sum(B3:B15)"

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Freeman" wrote in message
Peter,
Yes, the function would need to start from the first cell that has the
formula, but the fomula would need to be in the cell B2 with with a
formula
=Sum(B3:B15)

Then select B2:AA2, and selection.rightfill.
--
Chris Freeman
IT Project Coordinator

"Peter T" wrote:

In B3 I am want to put this formula =SUM(B3:B15)

That'd give you a circular reference, I guess you mean you want the
formula
in B2 etc

Range("B2:AA2").Formula = "=SUM(B3:B15)"

Regards,
Peter T

"Buddy" wrote in message
Sub Sum()
Range("Rows(2)" & Range("B:AA" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Formula =
"=SUM(B3:B15)"
End Sub

Here is my current macro. I am aiming to get every Column in Row 2
starting
in B2 and ending in AA2 to put the formulas below inside. If you can
help
would appreciate it.

In B3 I am want to put this formula =SUM(B3:B15)
In C3 I am want to put this formula =SUM(C3:C15)
In D3 I am want to put this formula =SUM(D3:D15)
Continued...
In AA3 I am want to put this formula =SUM(AA3:AA15)