Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Controlling Insert Copied Cells

did you try deleting it?

"J Streger" wrote in message
Yup and it's added only when the menu is called, meaning you have no time
actually grab hold of the function.

And the only way to disable it is to protect the sheet, and that is not
acceptable for what I'm doing. *sigh*

--
*********************
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

hmm

10) no. I still have the Insert Copied Cells ... item

i have to reset to clear it.

there's obviously some code in the copy routine that turns this item on
or
off internally. bummer

"J Streger" wrote in message
Ahhh, but the menu option isn't always there for adjust. Try this:

1) Clear the cut Copy Mode.
2) Rt Click on a row number to bring up the menu, and verify that
Insert
Copied Cells isn't present.
3) Try to run the Intercept Code. It should fail.

Then:

4) Copy any cell to enter cutcopymode
5) Try to run the intercept code. It should fail, as the menu option is
there.
6) Rt click on a row number.
7) Run the intercept code. It should succeed.
8) Set CutCopyMode to false.
9) Run the Intercept Code. It should Succeed.
10) Rt Click on the row number. Insert Copied Cells should be gone.
11) Run the Intercept code. It should fail again.

It's this disappearing menu item that is driving me insane! :P

--
*********************
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

how interesting! I've been doing this for 20 years and I've never
used
this
menu in code!

thank you :)

so, you can intercept if you will

eg

Sub Intercept()

With Application.CommandBars("Row").Controls("Insert Copied
C&ells")
.OnAction = "ShowMessage"
End With
End Sub
Sub ShowMessage()
MsgBox "Hello World!"
End Sub

this means you can write your own code that will paste whatever, or
you
can
just delete this menu item

"J Streger" wrote in message
Row command Bar:

Application.CommandBars("Row").Controls("Insert Copied C&ells")

Also some more testing revealed that protecting the sheet from
inserting
rows does turn off this menu option, so there should be a way of
affecting
the function either on the fly or accessing it prior to. Still
haven't
found
a way though.

--
J Streger

User of MS Office 2003

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

this really isn't very clear. what is a Row Command Bar?