Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
childofthe1980s childofthe1980s is offline

Default copying down the formula just for data

That's exactly what I needed, Mike! Thank you! I apologize, for the
confusion!

childofthe1980s

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Your question is confusing, you start with

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003

and end with

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

So lets try without a macro and you can ask a follow up question if necessary.

If you select the cell with the formula you will notice a box on the bottom
right of the cell. Double click this box and the formula will fill down as
far as there are data in the adjacent column.

Mike

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

Hello:

I'm going to program a macro in Excel 2003 that will copy the results an If,
Then statement straight down the column. The statement is based on data in
the column to the left.

Anyway, I just want to copy the results down the column for data that is in
the column to the left. I don't want every cell in the If, Then column to be
filled. Otherwise, call 65k and so forth down the spreadsheet gets filled in.

Is there a formula or keystroke that I can use and that the macro will
utilize, without having to do VBA programming?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s