Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Grouping rows in Excel with the plus/minus icon in the first row

Matt

This is a sheet setting. Try below and feedback

ActiveSheet.Outline.SummaryRow = xlAbove
ActiveSheet.Range("A2", "A10").Rows.Group

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"MattMatthias" wrote:

Basically the title says it. I'm grouping rows using a statement like this:

sheet.Range("A2", "A10").Rows.Group()

This works perfectly, but the problem is that the plus/minus button is below
the group in row 11, but I need it to be in row 1.
I realize that it makes sense to have it below the rows if you want to hide
the components of a sum, but I'm want to use the groups for hiding lower
members of a hierarchy. I attached 2 screenshots for illustration.

#1: Expanded hierarchy, note the minus below, not above the group:
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1128/hiexpanded.jpg
#2: Collapsed hierarchy, with the plus in the wrong row:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6779/hicollapsed.jpg

Is there a way to do this? I already spent hours on google but didn't find
anything.

I'm using Excel 2007 and VS2008 SP1, the project is an application level
add-in.

Thanks a lot for your answers and thoughts on this.