Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Adjusting Y axis scale of a chart using a scrollbar?

Hi again Brad,

It looks like you have it all under control so I suggest that you run with
what works.

I was able to place an ActiveX scrollbar on the chart provided that I
selected the required icon while a cell on the worksheet was selected and
before the chart is selected and then select the chart and create the
control. However, in xl2002, the scroll bar is created but when the chart is
selected I can no longer see the scroll bar. This occured with both Forms
control and ActiveX control. In xl2007 there are no problems and the control
remains visible.

OssieMac

"Brad" wrote:

Hi OssieMac,

It's not actually an ActiveX control, rather the scroll bar from the "Forms"
toolbar. Not really sure what that comes under? It seems the ActiveX
scrollbar wont accept insertion into the chart area, so I didn't get past
trying to insert it.

At the moment I have my data in Cells A1:D21 with Column A being the "Areas"
that are ploted on the X axis. The form scrollbar is placed inside the chart
area and linked to cell F1 producing a number between 0 & 100 dependent on
its position. Cell G1 contains the formula "=MAX(B2:D21)*(100-F1)/100" and
this number is grabbed by the macro and used as the maximum Y axis scale.

I'd be happy to send you the workbook if you're still interested. i'm
certain you'd be able to find a more elegant way of achieving what I'm doing.

ta
Brad
"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi again Brad,

You now have me intrigued and I wonder if I fully understand what you are

OssieMac