Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Using Equations to Fill in TextBox

You are welcome and thanks for the update.
'--
Jim Cone

"Orion Cochrane"

wrote in message
That worked beautifully. Thanks.
--
I am running on Office 2003, unless otherwise stated.

"Jim Cone" wrote:
Yes, but the values have to be numeric.
A textbox contains text. <g
Try...
CDbl(txt1.Value) + Val(txt2.Value)
Either CDbl or Val should work.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Orion Cochrane"

wrote in message
I have a form for data entry with one field in particular that I want
auto-populated based on values throughout this form. To get this value, I use
the Enter event in the textbox, but I keep getting Type Mismatch errors when
I do txt1.value-txt2.value and so on. Can I sum values from text boxes?
--
I am running on Office 2003, unless otherwise stated.