Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Lovern Greg Lovern is offline

Default Get data from web site - hyperlinks in divs in html table

I need to download data from a web site. I'm familiar with how to use
an InternetExplorer object to navigate to the page etc. But how do I
get this data:

The web page source for the table of data I want looks like this:

www.website.com/webpage.html"view page</a</div
www.website.com/someotherpage.html"view page</a</div
www.website.com/yetanotherpage.html"view page</a</div

Where my example shows only three items, the real web page has many
more, each as a <div, all in the same <td.

What I need to get is:

[Field 1] [Field 2]
Item1 http://www.website.com/webpage.html
Other Thing http://www.website.com/someotherpage.html
New Stuff http://www.website.com/yetanotherpage.html

How do I get that data?

BTW, if I use Excel's Get External Data From Web feature, I get this
table:

[Field 1] [Field 2]
Item1 view page
Other Thing view page