Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Search for worksheet in workbook

I usually use the method you started with. The only thing that was wrong is
you need an additional variable be set to true if the sheet name was found.
I don't like relying on an error to determine if a sheet is found or not
found.

Dim sh As Worksheet
Found = False
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If sh.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
If sh.Name = "My Template" Then
Found = True
Exit For
End If
Next sh

If Found = False Then
MsgBox ("The ""My Template"" tab cannot be found in this workbook.")
Exit Sub
End If

"Liz" wrote:

I am trying to search a workbook for a specific tab name, and activate that
tab. If that tab does not exist, I would like to exit the sub. I have the
following code, but it does not find the tab when it exists....can u help?

Dim sh As Worksheet
For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
If sh.Visible = xlSheetVisible Then
If sh.Name = "My Template" Then