Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default sort only rows with data

Maybe you could use a helper column with

=IF(V11=0,99^99,V11) copied down to column74

Sort on that column.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 06:53:01 -0700, usmc-r70
wrote:

Mike you are correct, but I should have mentioned that the 'zeros' were the
result of a direct reference to column 'AR' in the corresponding row. I must
restablish the reference (i.e. =AR11, AR12, AR13 ...) the corresponding row.
Can you help?

"Mike Fogleman" wrote:

Joel provided code where some cells are empty in the sort range. I read you
as having zeros in some cells, and when you sort ascending the zeros are at
the top, but you want them at the bottom.
Here is a solution for that. This will find the largest number in the range
(MAX), loop through each value and if it = 0, adds MAX + 1. This will make
them the largest numbers and will sort to the bottom of the range. Once
sorted, they will be changed back to zeros.

Sub sortSpecial()
Dim rng As Range, c As Range
Dim MyMax As Double

Set rng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("V11:V72")
MyMax = WorksheetFunction.Max(rng)

For Each c In rng
If c.Value = 0 Then c.Value = MyMax + 1
Next
rng.Sort Key1:=Range("V11"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _
OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom
For Each c In rng
If c.Value = MyMax + 1 Then c.Value = 0
Next
End Sub

Mike F
"usmc-r70" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with a data range from A11:AR74, with the sort column
being 'V'.

I need a macro button to sort rows 11:74 in assending order for those rows
with data in column 'V' greater than zero, leaving those rows with zero in
column 'V' below the 'populated' rows.

Additionally, I need to disable the manual sort and auto filter features,
leaving the macro button as the only means to sort on this worksheet.