Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Error Trapping

Mostly Access, .NET, etc. I am used to having more control.
I sure wish Microsoft would be more consistant between applications. After
all it is the same UI and VBA.

I, too, now spend nearly all my time in NET, generally writing add-ins
and code-behinds for Excel in VBNET or C#. Remember that VBA hasn't
been updated in a decade, and is a stagnant, though not dead,
language. Soon enough, MS is going to put NET into Office, integrated
as tightly as VBA is now. When that happens, there will be a lot more
consistency and it will open a whole new world for development. WPF in
Excel? That's cool.

Your explanation of 'Break In Class Module' is the best I have seen.

Thanks, I'm glad it helped.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 20:03:10 -0400, "AG"
wrote:

Thanks Chip,

I had a feeling there was no way to do it. I had spent a lot of time
searching and could not find anything, but I don't do much work in Excel.
Mostly Access, .NET, etc. I am used to having more control.
I sure wish Microsoft would be more consistant between applications. After
all it is the same UI and VBA.

Your explanation of 'Break In Class Module' is the best I have seen. In my
case it makes little difference as I usually include error handlers in all
of my code. Of course if user has it set to 'Break on All Errors' it doesn't
matter.