Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using variable from input box

The problem is that "LTX" will satisfy the MyLocation<"EPT" and "EPT" will
satisfy the MyLocation<"LTX" and, because you OR'ed them, they and every
other entry will satisfy your conditions. I would do it like Gary''s Student
posted, but an alternative using the structure I think you were after would
be this...

If MyLocation = "" Or (MyLocation < "LTX" And MyLocation < "EPT") Then

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Alfredo_CPA" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I have this code:
MyLocation = InputBox("Enter LTX or EPT", "Pick Option")
If MyLocation = "" Or MyLocation < "LTX" Or MyLocation < EPT Then
MsgBox "Nothing entered/Cancel or Wrong Location"
Exit Sub
End If

Of course is not working. I need to exist sub if user puts something
different than EPT or LTX (the same if user press cancel or press ok
without
typing anything)

I think is not working becasuse the two "Or" exclude the other option
(e.g.
if user types LTX then Mylocation < EPT...)

How can I solve this?

Thanks