Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Amy Brooks Amy Brooks is offline

Default Dependant combo box in Excel form

The article doesn't seem to mention how to actually make a combo box
dependant on another. However, it did show me how to add items using code.
Using that, I have got the Department combo box populated, and I can populate
the Employee combo box using the same method, but I can't make one dependant
on the other. Any ideas?

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Take a look at this and see if it will help you to organize your code.

http://www.exceltip.com/st/Create_Us...Excel/629.html

"Amy Brooks" wrote in message

I've tried to modify the following code (originally intended for an
Outlook
form) to work in an Excel form. As I expected, it doesn't work, but I'm
not
entirely sure why. My guess is that either, I've put it in the wrong
place,
the sub name is wrong, or the code itself has a problem. The code is
supposed
to make one combo box (Employee) dependant on another (Department). For
example, if I selected the Marketing department from the Department combo
box, I would only get the options A Brock, A Brooks, and V Woodford.

What should I use as the Sub name?
Where is the code supposed to go?
Are there any other mistakes in the code that could be causing it not to
work?

Sub cboEmployee_List()
Select Case Item.UserProperties("cboDepartment")
Case "Accounts"
cboEmployee.List = Split("C Dawson,,J Cooper,L Bottomley",
",")
Case "Sales"
cboEmployee.List = Split("A Soar,B Miller,D Padgett,P
North",
",")
Case "Marketing"
cboEmployee.List = Split("A Brock,V Woodford,A Brooks", ",")
End Select

Thanks!
Amy