Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Error trapping ComboBox input

what do you mean by "accepts and moves on" ? are you running some code ? is
this a userform combo or is it on a sheet ?

"Snowfire" wrote in message
This is driving me mad... I want a combobox to react in this way...
The combo will dropdown and provide a selection of three options "E"
"L" or "N"
If the user types in say... "E" it accepts this and moves on. If he
types say "R" it will complain and not move-on.
I can get the combo to select "E" from the dropdown and it works. But
type "E" (an exact match) and it complains.
I have gone through all the settings suggested in this newsgroup but
can't get this simple error trap and acceptance sequence...... I must
be missing the obvious can any one please help.