Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Named Range Hic-Up

The refname is a name in a workbook that points at a name/range in a separate
workbook.

Well, that's my bet.

Barb Reinhardt wrote:

I'm confused. Why do you need RefName in the first place if it's based on
MCL_Name?

"Minitman" wrote:

A reference in the InsertNameDefine menu called RefName keeps
changing when I save and reopen a set of workbooks

To fix it, I have to go into the InsertNameDefine menu and find the
named range called RefName and remove the added directory references.

The code for RefName should just read:

=MCL6.xls!MCL_Name

which works. Instead it is showing:

='\\Steve\Transfer Items\Recovered Schedules\MCL6.xls'!MCL_Name

which does not work, even though MCL6.xls is open!!!

Every time this workbook is opened, I have to go in and manually
remove this segment of the formula:

\\Steve\Transfer Items\Recovered Schedules\

to get the code to work.

Is there anyway to do this in the Workbook_Open event with vba? If
not, is there anyway to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Minitman

--