Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default arguments not working with function

Posting the relevant code will produce speedier and more effective
solutions.

"maweilian" wrote in message
Question from a Newbie Excel programmer,

I have a function that has arguments, for instance,
Private Function myfunction(arg1 as Double, arg2 as Double, etc...)
Dim anyvariable as Double
anyvariable = arg1 - arg2
End Function

What is happening in the function I am working on is that when I add a
breakpoint at the line "anyvariable = arg1 - arg2" and then inspect the
values of the arguments "arg1" and "arg2", I discover that they have
values
of zero. (obviously, "anyvariable" also acquires a value of zero after
the
execution of that line of code.) However, in the spreadsheet the values
in
the cells referred to by the arguments are non-zero! Can anyone think of
reason why the arguments are not acquiring the values of the cells to
which
they point?

The only thing I can think of is that the cells to which the arguments
point
do happen to contain values that are dependent on other VBA macros and
that
this could be creating a problem.

Please help,
Will